- You visit our website at relativeinsight.com (regardless of where you visit it from) (“Site”);
- We provide you with our language analysis services through our dashboard (“Services”).
This policy is intended to apply to our Customers (any individual, business or organisation, including their employees, agents or contractors, using our Services) and any User (any person accessing our Site).
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time. We will post any adjustments to the policy on this page, and the revised version will be effective when it is posted. If we materially change the ways in which we use or share personal information previously collected from you through the Site or Services, we will notify you through the Site or Services, by email, or other communication.
Relative Insight Limited is the controller in relation to any personal data we take from our Customers and Users to enable them to use the Services and Site, and we are responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Relative Insight Limited”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions regarding this privacy notice. If you have any questions, including requests to exercise your legal rights, you may contact our data manager using the information below.
Relative Insight Limited: UK Company Number: 06236082
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Fraser House, White Cross Business Park, Lancaster, UK, LA1 4XQ
Telephone number: 01524 928190
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, we would appreciate the chance to discuss your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
This version was last updated in January 2021.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
All data transferred in and out of Relative Insight is encrypted using hardened TLS. We are also protected by HTTP Strict Transport Security which is pre-loaded in major browsers.
The data we collect about you:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may check the details you provide with fraud prevention agencies and share your information with them if we suspect fraud. So, it is important that you do not provide false, inaccurate information, or impersonate someone.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity data includes first name, last name, email address or similar identifier.
- Contact data includes billing address, residential or registered company address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site and Services.
- Usage data includes information about how you use our Site and Services.
- Marketing and communications data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- CV data includes information about your employment history, professional qualifications, and contact details that you or a third party may submit to us.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Purchase our Services or use our Site;
- Create an account on our Site or otherwise;
- Contact us to report a problem with the Site or Services, or for any other purpose;
- Request marketing to be sent to you; or
- Give us feedback, or contact us.
Automated technologies or interactions:
As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
Third parties or publicly available sources:
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers based outside the EU, such as Google Analytics
- Contact, Financial, CV and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment, recruitment and delivery services
How we use your personal data:
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although where required by law, we will get your consent before sending direct marketing communications to you. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data:
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(c) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
(c) Necessary for the legitimate interests of others (preventing fraud)
(c)Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our Services and Platform, and to improve the Services and Platform in the future)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
To deliver relevant Site content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(d) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how Customers and Users use the Services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our Site, Platform, Services marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of Customers and Users for our Services, to keep our Site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity
(b) Contact(c) Technical
(e) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our Services and grow our business)
|To review and register your interest in job vacancies||(a) Identity
|(a) You have provided consent when applying for open vacancies
(b) necessary for our legitimate interests to maintain suitably qualified staff
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
You will receive marketing communications from us only if you have requested information from us using our customer query form on our Site and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will also send communications to users who have an account on the dashboard which we feel may be of interest, or help you maximise our services. If you want to change your marketing preferences, contact your account manager or use the unsubscribe option in each such email.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us or unsubscribing from our marketing list.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of purchasing our Services, logging into our Platform, or other transactions.
Change of purpose:
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Where required under applicable law, if we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data:
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
- Service providers who provide payment, marketing, IT and system administration services.
- Regulators and other authorities in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances, especially in the prevention of money laundering and fraud.
- We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Some of our Customers are based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and we may share your data with our U.S.-based company, Relative Insight Inc. if you are a U.S.-based company or Customer. All processing will be done in the UK or the EU, even if you are a U.S.-based company or Customer. Except where we transfer data to our U.S. based company, whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we endeavour to ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Data transfers to countries deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- Use of specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe;
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. Any data files uploaded by Customers are deleted after seven days.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights:
In some jurisdictions, under certain circumstances, you may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Access to information: You may have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Ensuring accuracy of information: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may have the right to ask us to correct or complete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You may have a right to erasure, which is more commonly known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. This means that in certain circumstances you can require us to delete personal information held about you.
- Ability to restrict processing: You may also have the right to require us to restrict our use of your personal information in certain circumstances. This may apply, for example, where you have notified us that the information we hold about you is incorrect and you would like us to stop using such information until we have verified that it is accurate.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive personal we hold about you in a format that enables you to transfer such information to another data controller (e.g. such as another service provider).
- Review by an independent authority: You may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body, including ICO as listed above.
- Preventing direct marketing: From time to time, we may send emails containing information about new features and other news about us. You may opt out of those emails as described above in the Marketing section of this notice.
- Objecting to other uses of your information: You may also have the right to object to our use of your information in other circumstances. In particular, where you have consented to our use of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
If you would like further information on how you can exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
California law affords California residents certain additional rights regarding our collection and use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please visit our Privacy Notice for California Residents
No fee usually required:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you:
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond:
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
For general enquiries, email us on: email@example.com
White Cross Business Park
30 Great Guildford Street
155 Water Street